Japanese / English Community Manager - GP013M
The community manager works as a bridge between our client and the players and is responsible for building and nurturing the community in the Japanese market. The CM role is to inform, engage and build a strong community, while also working/aligning with the different teams.
In this role you will:
- Work alongside the Player Support Team and the game’s community manager (for the international market) as well as the game team to generate ideas for social content to drive engagement & inform the Japanese Community;
- Liaising with internal stakeholders to relay player feedback insights gained from online conversations within the community.
- Contribute to the player experience strategy of the game in collaboration with the broader game Team
- Create and execute the community strategy tailored for the Japanese market, this includes the content calendar that targets varied player types as part of a larger content and engagement strategy; engaging activities such as contests, giveaway campaigns, challenges and potentially life community events;
- Prepare the assets for communications well in advance to allow for timely approvals;
- Write and translate engaging copy for use on relevant social media platforms;
- Operate the social media & community channels – with a focus on Twitter and other relevant platforms;
- Engage with players to build relationships with the community and encourage positive and constructive engagement;
- Send community sentiment & feedback reports;
- Monitor the growth and success of the community and of social media platforms;
What we’re looking for:
- Possess excellent written and spoken communication skills (Japanese native and advanced English level);
- Communications within the team are conducted in English, so the candidate is required to be able to understand, speak and write in English;
- A strong collaborative personality;
- Attention to detail, proactivity, creativity, and ability to multitask;
- Knowledge of trends and current communication strategies on Japanese social media – with focus on Twitter and other relevant platforms;
- A love for video games, bonus points for puzzle games;
- Bonus Points Experience with creating basic assets for social media. (Images / Animated gifs / extra bonus points for Video).
- You speak fluent Japanese and English.
- You are available to work a flexible schedule, at a minimum of 40 hours/week.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in community management and social media content planning OR any other media management related experience, preferably for a gaming or entertainment company in Japan;
- You have in-depth knowledge about gaming and you love anything related to video games
- You own a PS4, Xbox One, or a good, modern PC/laptop
- You are a fast learner, you take initiative and are awesome at troubleshooting
- You have a dedicated quiet workspace, located within your own home
- Experience in a Customer Service environment or an international business setting is a plus!
- Please note that we cannot offer visa sponsorship at this time
- An internet speed minimum of 1 Mb/s download and 0,5 Mb/s upload internationally.
- A minimum of 6 GB RAM memory
- Your computer should run at least a 64-bit version of Windows 8 or newer, or a recently released version of macOS
- A Core i5 processor (2,8 GHz or faster), or better/ similar, max. 3 years old.
- A Radeon R7 240 Graphics card or better/ similar.
- A smartphone usable for two-factor authentication that runs at least:
- Android 4.4 or newer
- Apple iOS 10.0 or newer